Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wedding Rings



I've been playing around with lighting lately...cheap lighting that is. In the photo above, the lighting used was an Eveready Flashlight which I bought at Lowes for $2.99 for 2. Can't get any cheaper than that.

What I love about this light besides being cheap and light, is that it gives enough illumination to create a dramatic lighting. Like in this case, looked for a window with just enough light to illuminate the background but not overpower the flash light.
Set my camera to Tungsten White balance (which gave me the bluish background) and the same time to match the color temperature the flash light produces.

Shot was taken with a Canon 5D fitted with a macro lens. Exposure was set to 1/160 sec @f/2.8 ISO 800.

2 comments:

  1. Great shot...and thats very true you really dont need to buy expensive lighting to produce a nice picture...great work!

    ReplyDelete